Since the best miles in hiking are always covered by foot, you better be careful with what you are wearing. After all, it doesn’t take too many miles of hiking to transform your feet into a battleground. If your feet constantly remind you of what it took to achieve your outdoor ambition, you better don’t miss a step on your way down. We really don’t want to see a grown man weeping. If not weeping, you could be cursing every step on your retreat as opposed to not thinking about it at all. This isn’t to say that you didn’t do a good job to make it to the breathtaking views, but one small mishap with those unfriendly boots can make your once-positive hiking adventure go south.
Hiking or trekking may be your territory, but picking the right hiking boots could be out of your domain like most other adventure addicts out there. Sorry, but your foot health says it all. When we choose an ambitious activity over an indoor play or a golf session, little do we realize how a single gear can determine the outcome of a journey, whether it will be a pleasurable one or a painful one. Although it’s not a breeze when dealing with an over flooded market, we have rounded up the best hiking boots for you to give your feet a break, so that you can vanish into thin air on your next backpacking trip without throwing an arm and a leg.
Heck yeah! We have done the entire grind for you so that you don’t have to go to any lengths or expense to find out the crop of the hiking boots.
For Quick View Check The Table
|BRAND||ITEM NAME||CATEGORY||WEIGHT||UPPER||WATERPROOF/ LINING||CHECK PRICE|
|SALOMON||Salomon Men's Quest 4D 2 GTX||lightweight/ midweight||2 lbs. 7 oz.||Nubuck Leather||yes / Gore- Tex||Check Price|
|LOWABOOTS||Lowa Men's Renegade GTX Mid||lightweight/ midweight||2 lbs. 7 oz.||Nubuck Leather/ Cordura Nylon||yes / Gore- Tex||Check Price|
|MERRELL||Merrell Men's Moab Ventilator||lightweight||1 lb. 14 oz.||Nylon Mesh||yes/ Gore- Tex||Check Price|
|HOKA||Hoka One One Men's Tor Summit Mid Waterproof||lightweight||1 lb. 11 oz.||Nubuck leather/ Suede Leather||yes / Polyester Mesh||Check Price|
|TIMBERLAND||Timberland Men's 6" Premium Waterproof Boot||lightweight/ midweight||2 lbs 26 oz.||Full Grain Leather||yes / Recycled PET||Check Price|
In Depth Review Of The Best Hiking Boots
1. Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boot– For Light Weight And Superior Support
Right of the bat, these hiking boots are designed for backpacking. Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boots are perfect for folks who are looking for stability, comfort, and support that makes a backpacking boot a wonderful companion. The great construction along with the industrial strength and the lightweight composition allows Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boots to sneak into the first place in our list of recommendations. They are comfortable, supportive, long lasting and they provide proper grip. Even a fat guy wearing them for intended abuse will have a hard time beating them to premature death.
The boots are 100% waterproof, and the material is a combination of synthetic fabric and leather, which is actually the secret behind it’s lightweight. Since it’s a high cut boot, it provides good ankle support as well. The shoes come with a different lacing system, which provides the flexibility to tighten different areas of the foot or ankle depending upon the activity to be performed. The counter grip outer souls are perfectly made to offer a lot of stability and support on rocky or wet terrains. The shoe fitting and feel is excellent as well. They also do a good job of keeping your feet dry from sweat. Salomon backs the product with a two years guarantee.
WHAT WE LIKE
- They are extremely lightweight and supremely durable. These boots are built to take a lot of beatings.
- The insole of the shoes is one of the best out there as they can absorb a great deal of shock and pressure.
- They offer unparalleled comfort, and they provide firm ankle support with the relaxed padded tongue. In fact, they fit like a hand glove.
- There won’t be support related pain or tiredness in the feet. They can be worn in all seasons, and for every outdoor activity, you want. You could wear them on winter months and forget that you had feet.
- Excellent material and amazing finish make them good looking, and they perform well in water too. They hold their ground perfectly on just about any surface.
WHAT WE DID NOT LIKE
We believe that there is no letting down with Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boots. There could be better-looking hiking boots out there, but these Salomon hiking boots get their intended job done because they are lightweight, comfortable, and their stability is next to none. Hiking boots don’t exist to make a fashion statement anyways. Salomon hiking boots Quest 4D 2 GTX offer a perfect balance of comfort and protection. They can literally survive hundreds and thousands of miles without undesirable tantrums. Salomon has produced a winner with this hiking boot.
2. Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot– For Incredible Comfort
Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot is one of the best-selling boots in the hiking niche. What really separates them from the pack is the comfort level that they offer. Despite being in the rigid category of backpacking boots, the comfort level matches with some of the best sports shoes out there. Truth to be told, they don’t have the hiking boot rigid feel at all. Therefore, they can be worn on a daily basis too. The PU foam midsoles provide great support and durability while keeping the weight of the boot under check. It’s so much breathable compared to the other boots in the same spectrum. So, there’s not a lot of stinks that the boots hold on to. They make lives so much easier for long backpacking or single day hiking trips.
They have a straight out of the box comfort feel because you will not notice any rigidity or heaviness. It’s a Gore-Tex boot, so it’s fully water protected as well. Moreover, the quality built makes them super resistant to wear and tear. The flexibility and support is up to the mark as well. It’s a mid-height boot, so it offers full support to the ankles as well. To top it all, the shock-absorbent sole makes your job of trekking or hiking so much easier.
WHAT WE LIKE
- It’s one of the most versatile boots out there. You can wear them not only for outdoor trips but also for casual wear. It is well built for excessive use.
- They are lightweight, well padded, and incredibly comfortable. They are very breathable, waterproof and easy to clean as well.
- Lowa Men’s Renegade are delightfully flexible. So, your foot won’t get hurt due to too much of shoe pressure.
- They are super durable and built to last. Unlike other hiking boots, these boots won’t wear down quickly. You can literally wear them until they are quite destroyed.
- They can be used in both hot and cold temperatures. They are perfectly suitable for all kinds of terrains.
- It’s a high-quality product for the price point. The tough Vibram soles offer supreme grip. With great traction and nice support, there is no slipping or stumbling on the downward roads or even on rough terrains.
WHAT WE DID NOT LIKE
They are a good backpacking gear that will keep your feet really comfortable. They are lightweight, and they can be worn all day long without feet fatigue. Whether it’s a nice walk in the forest or an adventurous trekking trip, Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot would surely fit the bill. They are the bestselling hiking boots for a good reason. They fly off the shelves like hot pancake —a piece of information confirmed through the reported sales for this popular hiking boot.
3. Merrell Men’s Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe– For Breathable Wear And Good Traction
Merrell Men’s Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe is one of the highly rated hiking shoes on the market today. The shoes are fairly lightweight, and the ventilation is excellent. They get full marks for the flexibility and durability too. Loads of customers out there have reported very little to no wear and tear after years of use. They provide a great balance between comfort and performance. They offer a good grip, and are perfect for light hiking and walking in general.
With quick break-in time, they can be comfortably worn all day long. One can use them as a primary shoe as well. The sole on the inside is pretty thin, comfortable, nice and paddy. The outside materials are composed of leather, rubber, and mash that provide proper ventilation. The tongue part is also designed with mash material that ensures proper breathing. Moreover, the laces are of high-quality and of perfect length too. The sturdiness, durability, and ruggedness are all well worth the price. This stuff is made for serious hikers. They are breathable as tennis shoes and strong as hiking shoes.
WHAT WE LIKE
- They are available in the wide and regular range.
- The laces are tough, and they stay in place while hiking.
- The soles are solid, and they hold together even after a lot of beating. Also, the stitching does not bust open nor does the Vibram fall apart.
- The insoles are removable and machine washable.
- With Gore-Tex liners and mash materials, Moab Ventilator hiking shoe breathes pretty great.
- They provide very good ventilation and traction in all expected environments.
- It gives good arch support. They are easy on the feet.
WHAT WE DID NOT LIKE
If you want the shoes to be a natural extension of your body, Merrell Men’s Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe could be your best bet. You should be able to walk around or run around with them without any issues whatsoever. Although not waterproof, they dry out seemingly quick. They are super comfortable and breathable. Compared to the competition, they offer extraordinary value for the price. It’s one of the best hiking shoes that you can ever get for under $100. Merrell Men’s Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoes can support you through many adventures.
4. Hoka One One Men’s Tor Summit Mid Waterproof Hiking Shoe– For Confident Weather Proted Rocks Without Falling Apart
Hoka One One Men’s Tor Summit Mid Waterproof Hiking Shoes are engineered for a supportive ride by offering up to one and a half times the cushion of a regular running shoe. Good amount of softly dense cushioning combined with abundant volume under the foot provides stable hiking experience with less feet fatigue. The ankle portion has a bit of a stretchy material for a nice fit, which prevents rocks and dirt from getting inside the shoes. The laces go up to the toe to get that perfect fit. So, that is another nice offering over here.
Confident weather protection is guaranteed with the inbuilt eVent® fabric no matter what conditions you experience along the trial. The boots are a hit in the rainy as well as hot climate. The materials on the exterior can do a good job of resisting dirt. Therefore, the shoes can look fairly good even after covering dozens of miles on a trail. Overall, the material is moderately stiff but offers good protection and support. They offer excellent stability and comfort as well. They have a Vibram mega grip outer sole for optimum gripping power and high traction. They will maintain their grip on both wet and dry surfaces. Moreover, they can sustain the sharp and hard rocks without falling apart.
WHAT WE LIKE
- The shoe is breathable as well as waterproof.
- This shoe gives a good balance of flexibility, durability and overall stability. They are quite wide, which ensure good balance and support.
- They have very little to no break-in time. The traction is great as well.
- With good grip power, they are suitable for all kinds of surfaces.
- The thicker foam and dense cushioning in them ensure better shock absorption to minimize foot fatigue. The laces also do a good job of holding up for miles and miles.
- Along with the look and feel, the durability and the quality of the shoe fit the bill as well.
- The shoes are ideal for all kinds of weather. They can perform flawlessly even on varied terrains.
WHAT WE DID NOT LIKE
For maximum cushion, comfort, and confident weather protection, Hoka One One Men’s Tor Summit Mid Waterproof Hiking Shoe could be the ideal solution. They provide extra joint support with little to no break-in time, so they can be used right off the box for your backpacking trips. For trekking and hiking tours, comfort is the king and being able to sustain all weather conditions without wear and tear is a must as well. Hoka One One Men’s Tor Summit Mid Waterproof Hiking Shoes stands tall on all these aspects. Hence, they are well worth a shot in our opinion.
5. Timberland Men’s 6″ Premium Waterproof Boot– For Great Looks And Performance
From a fashion standpoint, these shoes are simply the best. Comfortable, stylish and rugged, they look great, and they fit well too. It’s one piece leather construction, so there are no visible stitches that can wear out over time. There is soft leather around the ankle area of the boot as well. The outsole made of rubber seems as strong as a car tire and acts as a nice shock absorber. They are comfortable from the inside, and they hold up well and offer nice grip on wet as well as dry surfaces. The waterproofing works great, and the shoes are highly durable too. In fact, they are 100% waterproof, and they do a great job of keeping your feet dry during the rainy and winter seasons. The laces are of good quality, and they remain fastened throughout the journey.
WHAT WE LIKE
- These boots are made to last. The color may fade a bit over a period of time, but the overall structure and functionality will sustain for a long period.
- They maintain the waterproof integrity, and they are fairly stain resistant too. They clean up pretty quick as well.
- They are available in great colors, and the shoes are overwhelmingly good-looking.
- It is made from good quality leather. The comfortable padding makes them a comfort wears by all means.
- The material is quite flexible, and the shoes are durable as well.
- Considering how long they last, they are worth every penny.
WHAT WE DID NOT LIKE
Timberland Men’s 6″ Premium Waterproof Boots are the best bang for your bucks in terms of looks as well as functionality. They are a “hot boy” in terms of looks, and a “strong boy” in terms of functionality. The heavyweight may be a bit of a turn-off, but the product makes up for it through a host of other features such as looks, durability, comfort, sturdiness, and industrial strength. Overall, Timberland Men’s 6″ Premium Waterproof Boots are a high-quality wear. They look unbelievable cool. They fit well, and they offer the flexibility that most winter boots lack. You might have to drop upwards of $350 for a pair of these lovely shoes, but they are well worth it. They could be the most stylish shoe in your closet.
When it comes to your foot health, you shouldn’t be looking to save a buck here and there. A good thumb rule would be to place quality ahead of price. Of course, this does not mean throwing cash at vendors as if they are your favorite strippers. Being smart with your choices is the way to go. So, feel free to steal our list recommendations so that you don’t come limping back with sore feet or blisters on your next trip to the wilderness.